CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

THE LEGENDS OF THE INTERNET

One of the most darling movies of all time has has got to be You’ve Got Mail, with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. This love story is about two individuals who meet online. I have met a lot of different people folks on the Internet, and would like to share a little about what I have learned.

My band “Goodbye Babylon”, originated from Craigslist. I posted an add stating that I would like to get a band together, and got a plethora of responses. I picked out the most customary replies, and BAM…We were music in the making. I told my band members, that we should be called The List of Craigs, because of how we met….but to my despair everyone detested the how we met band name. All in all meeting band members online is a pretty dang good thing.

Last month after wallowing in the well known “ deepest darkest pits of single hood”, my BFF Becky Brown insisted on me joining an online dating service…So far I have been on only one date, and would like to tell my fellow bloggers why I have only been on one date…

It all started when I looked at a pretty amazing profile…He was definitely good looking…all dressed up in a suit and tie, 6’4”, and had a Masters degree. Well we decided to meet on a Tuesday evening. He came over brought me flowers, and some chocolate. He was even more handsome in person than his online profile…I felt lucky. We went on a candlelit picnic, and talked for awhile. We ended the date on a good note, and he asked me if he could see me the next day…and I was saying YES before he even asked.

The next day he had to work a little later, so he came over about 9 pm. We started talking and he told me that he was homeless for 10 years of his adult life. Now if any of you know me….I am pretty much anti homeless people. I hate giving beggars money on the streets of Seattle, and pretty much to sum it all up they scare the Hell out of me!

After telling me about being homeless he pronounced that he wanted to marry me. He told me that he would marry me tomorrow if he could. I told him very quickly that I would not marry him tomorrow, but I failed to mention that after I heard about his 10 years of being homeless it would probably more than likely never happen. He started telling me that he was in love with me and he had fell hard….Ahhhhh! I was beginning to get goose bumps up and down my arm…and not the ones that have to do with butterfly's...but ones that have horror story written all over it. For the time being I feel empowered on being single.


Today I met another guy that I met on the Internet. He was a music producer, so I sent him some of my stuff…and he informed me that he would love to meet me. I was a little nervous to meet him, but when I met him he was probably one of the nicest people I have ever met. So back to the theory that not only is it great to meet band members, but Music Producers are pretty sweet too!

Well folks I will be honest….As far as dating goes I think I will leave this to people I meet in real life....and at this very moment there are even a couple of bubbling interests that are happening in my very own BYU ward!

But if you are a musician and looking to meet people…get online!

2 comments:

Mark Nott said...

I'm not a musician and I'm not looking for anyone.... should I get offline?

Zachary said...

The Internet is a useful tool...and a scary melting pot of who-knows-what!

But hey...it brought Goodbye Babylon to the world!