CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I BELONG TO THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTERDAY SAINTS! I KNOW WHO I AM! I KNOW GOD'S PLAN! I'LL FOLLOW HIM WITH FAITH!!!


"How we respond to the words of a living prophet when he tells us what we need to know, but would rather not hear, is a test of our faithfulness." -Pres Benson

Recently there has been a lot of talk concerning Julie Beck's talk from 177th October General Conference "Mothers Who Know". This talk has caused such an uproar in the fiercest of women, and has even caused a petition online against Sister Beck.


I would like to quote from the 177th session of General Conference, President Thomas S. Monson gave a talk called "The Sustaining of Church Officers".
"It is proposed that we sustain Julie Bangerter Beck as the new general president of the Relief Society with Silvia Henriquez Allred as first counselor and Barbara Thompson as second counselor. Those in favor manifest it"

and it goes on to say:
"It appears that the sustaining has been unanimous in the affirmative, President Hinkley."


It has been less than a year since this unanimous vote, and people are already backing up. Are we forgetting that she was called by a Prophet of God?

I might never be blessed with the opportunity of being a "Mother who Knows", but as a daughter of God, I know I have had and will have many opportunities to nurture others.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to spend a couple of days with my family, and on one of the nights I was at home with my 16 year old brother. All of the sudden before my eyes he was turning into a teenage Grouch, and complaining that he was hungry. Now I don't know about you, but teenagers are always ornery when they are #1-tired, and #2- hungry,and Brad was both. So I quickly got up and told him that I would make him anything his heart desired. He was surprised by my sudden outburst to help him get food in his stomach, and with a smile finally appearing on his face he just asked if I could microwave him a burrito. I think it took less than 5 minutes to microwave 2 burritos, but when I brought this out to him he knew he was loved!


It's amazing that you can nurture someone with as little effort as throwing a microwavable Potato and Beef burrito in the microwave. I know that through nurturing we are able to keep families strong, and maybe give them a glimpse of Heavenly Fathers love for them.

I just want to end this blog entry in saying that I sustain Julie Beck as the the general president of the Relief Society!

4 comments:

Zachary said...

Awesome post! Amen and AMEN!

Zachary said...

PS- Love the blog layout...it looks somewhat familiar.

Yelyah's Corner said...

Yeah its pretty much spectacular spectacular!!!! Classic black!

leslie jo said...

I agree! You looks great! Hope to see you again soon. I LOVE to read your blog it is soo entertaining!