CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

TWO BROTHERS SERVING THE LORD





I wanted to start the year off with a tribute to both of my brothers. Both have helped me so much in life, and both are preparing the way for the Lord.






J.K. Haws died in a car accident on 6/3/2006. He was lucky enough to receive his patriotical blessing a couple of weeks before he died. At the time he was preparing to go on a mission, and in his patriotical blessing it said that he would serve a mission in a foreign land. I must say that Heaven is about as foreign as it gets. I miss having Sunday dinner with J.K. and eating his tuna casserole that looked nothing like tuna casserole. I miss him begging me to come over to his apartment at 2 in the morning just to watch an old episode of the Muppet's. I especially miss our late night talks in which he always assured me that everything would be alright.

I must say that I am the luckiest soul to have such an incredible younger brother, and to know that he is currently doing the Lord's work. It is such a comfort to know the plan of salvation, and to know that maybe someone out there is watching out for me.





Elder Heber Chester Haws has been serving in the Kennewick, WA mission since last April. This has been a really hard adjustment for me. Heber was probably one of my top 3 best friends. He was my country dance partner, constantly took me out to Mimi's, shared once a week temple trips, always kicked my trash in Chess, helped me move yearly, and always shared that giggle that we liked to call "The Heber Magic." I am so proud to have such a brother who is so strong in the gospel, and is constantly encouraging me on the right path.

J.K. and Heber.... I love you always!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your tributes to your brothers! JK was an awsome kid and Heber is a great missionary! he's lucky to have you for a sister!

Jennsie said...

Hayley,
I was really touched by your dedication to your brothers. I love how people can see how improtant families are in our lives. Like you I love mine, they help me in so many ways and accept me for me, well most of the time ;)
My youngest brother is currently preparing for his mission. His papers were faxed over to the church office on christmas eve. It was a very special christmas gift for my parents. I'm not sure my brother is really ready for it or knows what he wants but I'm hoping the mission will teach him who he is and where he is heading in life.
I love it when good young men go out there and spread the good news of the gospel. Good for your brothers!