CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 25, 2008

THE POST OF DRAMA...WOWZERS!

I would like to take a minute and blog about an undefined rule of friendship. Recently I had an experience between two friends, that I would like to get others people’s estimations on, and share my own…When is it okay to date a first-class friend’s EX?

Here is the state…A great friend of mine recently got dumped by a chap that I have zero respect for. While dating my friend he most often talked about marriage, telling the entire office(they work together) about their experiences, not to mention asking his co-worker to be the best man if they did ever tie the knot. He made sure he bought a striking bouquet of her favorite color flowers for Valentines Day, and when he kissed her he dipped her…that’s right folks I said dipped! Sounds like a pretty quixotic kind of guy right? Wrong!

While making it pretty clear that he wanted to only date her, telling her he had something very important to talk to her about in the temple, and telling her that he is saving up for a “ring”, he surreptitiously was taking out 6 girls in a matter of 3 weeks. But…our story goes on.

He called my friend and told her he wanted to take her to a, very fancy, elite, Restaurant. He goes on to tell my friend of his plans for Saturday night. He told her that he was going snowshoeing in the morning, followed by watching some movies for work, and then was in-charge of a Service project. After she took the first bite of her dinner…he
broke off their relationship telling her she was perfect, but not the girl for him.

Saturday night rolled around, and my heart-broken friend wanted to get out of the house. We decided to get pedicures, go hot-tubing, and go to an institute dance.

All-of-the-sudden who did we see at the dance? That is right “Service Project Boy”! After trying to avoid him like the plague, we ran into him in the hall. I of course couldn’t help but give him the evil eye, and my friend was sweet as pie.

While at the dance we ran into a mutual friend. We started asking questions, and she then heard of my other friend’s bad news. We then pointed out the chump who had started it all.

After the dance was over, my other friend asked my other friend to guess who she just danced with. She of course made her way over to the newly single EX, flirted up a storm, and got him to ask her to dance. After chatting on the phone with her after the dance, she informed me that she thought my friends EX was very charming, cute, and knew how to say all the right things to a girl.

Maybe it’s just me, but I would never want to be with a good friends left over’s. I think that throwing yourself at a friend’s EX is a sign of zero self confidence, selfish undertones, and lack of character. But this of course is my personal opinion. Maybe I am just off my rocker, but I would never want to hurt a friend like this. So I am seriously just curious to what everyone else thinks about this matter? When is it okay to date a friends EX?

4 comments:

Makemyday said...

OK it is never OK to date a friend's ex! Well it is never OK to go after a guy that your friend just told you she broke up with. This other "friend" who chased the EX is not a true friend. She is shallow, selfish, a horrible role model (I pray she isn't a teacher or something)and obviously has no self confidence. I bet you she is one of those girls that has go out with men just to feel good about herself.

I say take some responsibility and grow up girl! We are not two anymore! Someone needs a really big serving of some humble pie!

And for the guy, good luck. Looks like all of the romance was a farce. What goes around comes around. You obviously are missing out on a really great gal.

Unknown said...

Im with you I would NEVER date a friends ex...ok I might have done it once or twice in high school but that was high school!!! I hope your friend just walks away from it without worrying about it too much and moves on with her life.

Zachary said...

Dating a friend's EX is always a bad idea. Maybe several MONTHS after it has all settled down...but even then...so not a good idea.

It goes to show you where their priorities stand: Selfishness or Friendship first.

Mandy said...

Hey Hayley, I am a friend of Zach's and I tend to blog stalk. Your blog is always so much fun to read so I decided I better introduce myself so I don't feel so creepy anymore.

As far as dating an ex. I have friends that have done it and are actually happily married and everyone has remained friends. I wouldn't do it myself, but if someone wants to deal with my baggage let them have em. Making him someone else's problem is a blessing!!!