CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

SAY NO TO DRUGS!

I don't know much about drugs. I have never smoked, got drunk, or experienced with doobie of any kind...I did experience much 2nd hand smoke in Vegas in March, but besides that I am a drug free kid. I did go to a party once, and got offered a shot of Whiskey, but my cousin who just graduated from drug rehab...shot the offer down quickly and said "My Cousin will not do any drinking while I'm around." It felt good to know that she had my back.

Well today one of my adorable guitar students, got taken out of his home and got put into the Foster Care system...This kid has lived a horrible life. After he was born his Mom tried to drown him, and often talked about performing "Harry Carey" on her kids. After the mom abandoned the family, it was just the 4 kids under the age of 7 and the dad.

Well tonight I found out that the Dad has been heavily into Meth for the last year, and let's just say that he has been giving it to his kids also...It would explain why my student is so small, and always was picking at his scalp. It would explain the big dark circles under his 7 year old eyes, and why he would burst into tears and tell me how tired he was. I now know why he constantly smelled of musty cat's urine, and why he always had long fingernails, and dirty clothes.

I just want to tell everyone that I am never going to do drugs....and I am still wearing an imaginary red ribbon from Elementry School!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should report him to CPS! That is unacceptable behavior!

Yelyah's Corner said...

trust me they are already involved!

leslie jo said...

That is soo sad.. I feel bad for that little boy! Is he still going to be taking lessons from you. I too am drug free and will always be..

Lyndi said...

that's so sad

Zachary said...

I am so sorry. That is just awful. The poor kids. At least they have one good role model in their life...their Drug Free Guitar Teacher.