CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 28, 2008

VEGGIE DOG ANYONE?

About a month ago I decided to give up most meats. I am still a huge fan of fish, and though it's not my favorite, I have also been eating a little bit of Chicken and Turkey. I started this crazy experiment after I heard a seminar given by Tony Robbins. He states that when you eat meat it causes your PH factor to go extremely acedic, and when you neutralize your body, it is a lot more capable of fighting off disease.



Anyhow going off most meat has been one of the greatest/hardest things I have ever done for my body. I hardly ever go to fast food joints anymore, leaving me eating a lot of whole grains, fuits, and vegtables. I have noticed that my skin has cleared up quite a bit, and I am fitting in pants that would not even button up in December.




Anyhow today I tried Morning star corn "veggie" dogs today, and I must say they taste exactly like corn dogs except with 63% less fat. So delicious! I have also tried their "veggie" burgers, and even though they are extremely spicy, it almost feels like you are eating the real deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag2jONKMjwc ...Just a quick note! I did cheat once this month and had a J-Dawg...It was so good that it was ALMOST worth the animal cruilty...but as the popular R&B 90's song by Brandy says..."Almost doesn't count!"

I have never been a big supporter of animal rights, but after watching this movie it made me sick to my stomach. I think I am ready to cut ties with my feathered friends, and just stick with fish!
Want to know some facts?
>Of the 20 million tons of plant protein given to raise cows only 2 million tons of protein are used. That means 18 tons of plant protein are wasted! The 20 million tons of plant protein could have reduced 90% of the world's yearly protein deficit for humans.

>Being a vegetarian would alleviate human starvation and in return there would be an increase in growth of wild animals without additonal sufferings on humans or any other animals.


>By choosing the vegetarian or vegan alternative, the land used originally for farm animals would feed more people off of plant protein.


>Plants yield 10 times more protein per acre than meat.


>Chickens are raised in crowded, unnatural enviroments. There are usually 3,000 or more in one pen. The birds are not able to move about freely or even spread their wings due to the over crowding. They use "nests" made out of metal and they are bred by unnatural means.

>In order for hens to lay mass amounts of eggs, artificial light is on 17 hours a day. Each hen averages about 300 eggs per year. Once a hen's egg prodution declines they are slaughtered. Most hens live an average of 5 to 6 years.


>Veal calfs are raised in cages on an anemic diet. The cages are so small that the calves cannot stand or even move in order to clean themselves. The veal calves are kept in the dark most of their lives within the cages. They are subjected to a cruel and horrid death.


>More than 7 billion animals die yearly for human consumption.

3 comments:

Kyrsten said...

You go girl. I don't know if I could do it. You should try Turkey Burgers too, they are a delight.

Zachary said...

Yes...but if we weren't supposed to eat animals...why are they made of meat?

Besides...they taste SO good!

Yelyah's Corner said...

Honestly I don't care if people eat meat at all! A wise man once said that "Meat is Neat!"
But I don't agree with how they breed them, or kill them...so sad!