CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A PENNY FOR A THOUGHT

I swear it has been the craziest couple of weeks! All I can say is that it has been one of the most exciting Summers of my life….Here’s what has been going on!

I just got called as the Relief Society pianist. This has been a crazy calling! A week before I got this calling, I was struggling with some music I have been writing, and said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help me expand my music abilities…Well considering I really don’t play piano, it shows to be careful what you wish or pray for. I am actually very excited to learn, and already feel like Heavenly Father is helping me out, because I am playing things that I never thought possible!

I also started teaching an adult group guitar class. I have always been so intimidated to teach adults, so I have always put it on the back burner and just stuck with 18 or younger. I have actually loved teaching this class. Not only has it been so much fun to teach a group class, but also to see such strong progress, and has definitely helped me leap over a big fear. Yeah!

I have also been working on my Mom’s geneology. I must say that this is turning into one of my favorite things to do! Nothing is more fulfilling than finding a missing date of birth or a spouse’s name. I love it so much, and even though I am just barely learning, I can’t wait till I actually have some names for the temple. I would suggest everyone to dive into their family history, because it is amazing how much peace, and what a sense of closeness to your ancestors that you feel! Thanks Dad for teaching me all you know!

I also found out that I have celiac disease, and that I am going to be going on a gluten free diet! I decided to start after I get back from my Lake Powell trip, but I definitely am going to be kicking and screaming during this journey without any bread, cookies, 7-11 doughnuts, cake, pasta… but it will be nice to feel a little better. I don’t know what I am going to eat now, because I have gotten rid of all meat except birds and fish, and I am already lactose intolerant. I guess it’s time to embrace the lettuce and sprouts! Can you be a gluten free vegetarian? Guess we will find out!

My family also just got back from an awesome family reunion at our cabin up Vivian Park. We had a biblical dinner, we went on the Heber Creeper, we went tubing down the river, we went boating, we enjoyed the Stadium of Fire, we had a couple of family game shows, we tied and made a quilt for the cabin, had the Haws Family Olympics, and we learned how to make my Great Grandma Edith’s meat pies…they are better than mine! It was so much fun to have my cousins keep me up till 3 am just laughing and laughing. I definitely hope we do it next year! …hopefully pictures and more details will be coming soon!

I also got to go to Tim Mcgraw, with one of my top 3 best friends…BECKY BROWN. It was definitely a night to remember! I must say that nothing feels better than watching Tim Mcgraw and being with your BFF!

Anyhow I also am going to Lake Powell tomorrow with my other BFF….MARY BRAITHWAITE! I am so excited to go relax in the sunshine for 4 awesome days! I love boating, and nothing screams Summer like boating!

Anyhow I know this is a pretty random post, but I just want to finish it by saying that I am such a lucky girl for having such a great family, awesome friends, and wonderful blog readers. I must say that I don’t think my life would amount to much without such incredible influences!

5 comments:

Lyndi said...

Wow. I'm glad you're doing so well and so positive about everything. Good job on doing your geneology and keep having lots of fun this summer. It was good to see you on Sunday, hopefully I'll see you again soon.

leslie jo said...

Wow that is soo great! You will do great in your calling and it will open doors whether physically or emotionally!
An adult guitar class sooo fun! Are you still interested in teaching jr high age once a week?
Lake Powell we are headed there next Wed so exciting and fun for you.
I am glad you are doing geneology I just can't get into it. We need to have a girls day out soon!

Yelyah's Corner said...

Leslie!

I would love to teach Jr. High kids once a week! email me or call me with the details!
I know we totally need to have a girls night out!

Mandy said...

My sister is celiac and you will feel so much better if you follow the diet. There are so many good recipes now and a lot of options to make everything gluten free. You just have to think about it before hand a little. Let me know if you are interested in recipes.

Unknown said...

WOW sounds like you've been busy with some fun stuff! I was just thinking of you today and realized how much I miss you!! We need to get together and have a girls night out..remember how much fun we used to have?? Anyhoo have fun at Lake Powell!