CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 5, 2009

THE NEW YEAR WITHOUT LUGGAGE!

Well New Years Eve I got my luggage packed, and was headed to the Happiest Place on Earth....Disneyland! We flew into the small Long Beach airport, and when I went for my luggage it was lost! The Delta worker then told me that my luggage was still in SLC, but would be at the Anaheim Convention Center no later than 6:30 pm. I was fine with this considering that our New Years party didn't even start until 8:30 pm.

At 6:45 pm I was still luggageless! I called Delta Airlines baggage support line, and was on hold for 45 minutes. Seriously who actually works on New Years Eve? I know I never do! I called a couple of more times, but just got the same result...a whole lot of nothing.

I finally told my Mom that I would not be going to the Black Tie New Years Eve party that was at the hotel. I don't know how she did it, but she convinced me to come to the party. So in my tennis shoes, t-shirt, jeans, and no mascara I ventured out to the black tie event!

The lights were low, all the girls looked lovely in their black sparkly dresses, and the guys looks handsome in the tuxes, and then there was me! I hurried and slipped on a New Years Hat that they were handing out to cover up my airport matted hair. I then decided that I was going to hold my head high, and party like it's 2009! Brad and I had a blast dancing, playing the multiple Wii's, and eating all the yummy food.

My luggage came the next night, and even though I had no mascara for a couple of days...It was a pretty fun night!

4 comments:

Mark Nott said...

how'd you do it? I can't go 5 minutes without my mascara.

Kara said...

Seriously that would be my worst nightmare! Not the mascara part since I don't ware it but no clothes!

leslie jo said...

K that totally sucks, remember when you came with me to that modeling convention and our luggage got left too.. WE had to buy sweatshirts at DL because it was cold.. that was that time right?

Angela said...

Oh I am sorry, I had my luggage lost once too-it was when we went on our honeymoon. We show up at the beach and all we have is winter clothes....so frusterating!