CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

BITTERSWEET!

This week I have been preparing for tryouts for the Bittersweet Bluegrass band! Well as I was preparing an original song, I got a blasted cold. I was cursing without swear words, and was contemplating weather or not I should even give it a go. But today as I was cruising around in my Mustang with the top down for the first time this year(yay for warm weather) I decided that I have 3 choices...

#1- I can either tryout and not make it!

#2- tryout and make it!

#3- not tryout and not make it.



Anyhow I decided to tryout, and I think it went pretty good. The girls invited me to comeback to their Thursday practice, and gave me directions to go buy the Bluegrass music book. My assignment is to learn the "Old Chuck Hen" solo, and to bring it to practice. The only thing they were worried about was how I usually finger pick instead of using a pick. I am new to this whole Bluegrass genera, so for the next little while I am going to force myself to play with a pick.

So I am not sure if I made the band or not, but considering they invited me to come to their practice it is hopeful. The girls are so talented, amazing, and they all have gorgeous instruments! One cool thing is that if I get in the band we will be performing at Thanksgiving point in April, and also have an all expense paid trip to Alberta, Canada. Another cool thing is that the band only does paid gigs...something I have never even dreamed about doing.

Anyhow I am really excited, because I am such a country girl and I love the sound of bluegrass! Wish me luck!

Check them out: http://bittersweetbluegrass.com/

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

That is awesome! They look pretty cool:) I hope you make it:)

Kara said...

I am so excited for you fingers crossed I know they are crazy of they don't take you

Lyndi said...

That's so cool. I hope you make it so I can come and see you perform!

leslie jo said...

Make it or not I am sure you did a great job and will always be good at what you do.

Joyce said...

Good luck mamacita!

Lauren Brown said...

We're so lucky you said yes, Hayley! Love you!!!! :)