CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MISS THRIFTY NICKLE DAY 99

I must admit I am a huge fan of a hardy breakfast, and every morning I usually eat like a hungry Queen. This morning I realized that I was out of every kind of breakfast food imaginable, and before my 8 AM class that I needed to run to the Wal-Mart. While I was there I was looking at my options. Usually when I buy food in the morning it consists of a beloved Naked Juice. Well today I was looking at the $3.49 price on the Naked Juices, and decided I needed a cheaper option. I noticed some Acai Berry juice that was only $1.50…that’s $2.00 in savings! I also noticed that this juice helps hair, nails, and skin….PERFECT…I’LL GET IT! I also bought a case of water for my food storage for $3.50( which is okay considering it was the most popular Dasani), Clorox wipes that were on sale, Purex laundry soap- not on sale but definitely on the cheaper end of laundry soaps, some granola, and 4 nectarines that cost less than a buck.

On my way to school I drank the Acai berry juice, and it was nice and thick just like my first love-Naked juice…so yummy- good purchase. Anyhow so I go to class, and after all was said and done I went to the ladies room. While in there I noticed that I had an Acai berry mustache….too funny, but so embarrassing. I just sat through an entire Music Education class with a purple handlebar framing the sides of my red lips, and no one even told me that my $1.50 purchase would last longer than necessary.

At work we did walk over to 7-11, but instead of getting my usual expensive bag of nuts, jerky, and protein bars- I got steamed milk. I know I should have not gone (oops), but I did spend only $1.37 compared to my usual $5-6 purchases. Maybe one day I will get out of my bad habit of my morning excursions to 7-11.

Anyhow on a better note I had one of my guitar student’s call and ask me if I am taking more students, in which I said YES I AM! Even though I am one of the busiest people I know, and I don’t know where I am going to squeeze him in I think that little extra income will boost my savings, and help out with project Miss Thrifty Nickle even more.

While thinking of ways to save money today I decided that I would lower my phone minutes, and change from the 900 minute plan to the 450 minute plan. This shouldn't’t be a problem considering most of the time I am in school, work, and band or teaching guitar, but this will cut my phone bill in half and save me about $480 a year- not a bad deal! So if you don’t have a Verizon plan please call me after 9 pm (I’m always up), or on the weekends! But to all my friendly Verizon friends feel free to call me anytime due to the free Verizon to Verizon minutes.

As you can probably tell this budget thing is a little harder than planned, and pretty much I have no idea what I am doing! Yesterday I had visions of shopping for beautiful things from Pier 1 run through my mind….but don’t worry instead of running to the store- I actually just hit pavement and went running! It’s FREE!

1 comments:

Dylan said...

Yelyah, nice blog and congrats on effectively cutting back on your cell bill. I wanted to add, however, that while you were able to seriously slash your wireless costs by halving your minutes, you still might be able to further lower what you pay. I work in the consumer advocacy division of the company Validas, where we electronically audit and subsequently reduce the average cell bill by 22 percent through our website, http://www.fixmycellbill.com. Put simply, Validas guards against the frivolous and unnecessary charges that over-inflate an estimated 80 percent of cell bills. You can find out for free if fixmycellbill.com can modify your plan to better suit your individual needs by going to the website.

For more info, check out Validas in the media, most recently on Fox News at http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/consumer/conlaw/lower_cell_phone_bills_072409.

Good luck on saving more money in this tough economy.

Dylan
Consumer Advocacy, FixMyCellBill.com