CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MISS THRIFTY NICKLE DAY 98

Greetings from Miss Thrifty Nickle!



Today I have been thinking about a huge lesson in life: Finding joy in the simple things! We live in a world today where people think to have fun or enjoy life you have to spend money. I must say that this is a FALSE belief! I think this is such an attractive quality to find joy in the simple things!
"The greatest things in life aren't things"- quote by another thrifty nickle
This week my Brother asked me if I wanted to go on a double date with him, and if I could set him up. I told him sure, and we started planning. Since I am on a budget, planning a Friday night date makes you take out your creative jeans and put them on.. I started looking for all the free things to do in Utah. We came to a conclusion that we will be having a picnic and painting beautiful watercolor pictures in a SLC park, and then going to see the Joseph Smith movie at Temple Square!
Does anyone out there have any other cheap date ideas?
Anyhow as far as money goes today it hasn't been that bad. I finally went grocery shopping, so I can maybe avoid 7-11 runs and eat breakfast before I go to work. I also transfered $150 more into savings, and I have $130 worth of guitar checks from today to take to the bank tomorrow!
Anyhow here's to the simple things in life!

4 comments:

Alternative polka said...

Yeah like remember our cave movie night?! it cost us like 50 cents for the movie. life is more fun on the cheap cause you have to be creative!

Zachary said...

You go girl! Keep it up! By the way...have you added up the dates and noticed that Christmas will have come by the time your project ends?

Yelyah's Corner said...

Sounds like a Christmas Eve Eve tradition is in order...it's free :)

Angela said...

me and Ross went to the "sticky shoe" theater and got concessions for like $5-it was fun because we still felt like we went "out".
Plus coloring is always fun:)