CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2008

MY TENDER MERCY FROM GOD

Before J.K. died we both had a joke... I was Black Sheep #2, and he was Black Sheep #1. We both understood that even though we had life's "Ebony wool" thrust upon us, we had to make the best out of life...and so the "Black Sheep" nicknames continued in almost every conversation...not to mention phone conversation...and we were probably the only ones who thought we were funny!
J.K. looking sheepish!

After my dear brother passed away, I really had no closure. For months and months I struggled with not only my testimony of eternal families, but also knowing if he was okay. I didn't understand why he had to die just one day before we were going to take family pictures, and I didn't know who I was going to share my Sunday dinners with. Who was going to wake me up at 2 am, just so I could watch a stupid episode of "The Muppet's", and who was going to give me pep talks in my darkest of hours.




Last June we had the opportunity of doing J.K.'s temple work. As I walked into the Mount Timpanogous Temple, I had to stop... for there in the lobby was a giant picture of Christ holding a black sheep. I knew immediately after I saw the lovely artwork, that my "Black Sheep #1" was okay, and that he was safe in the arms of the Savior. As I waited for my family to arrive, tears fell down my cheek, for I knew that God had heard all 100,000's of my prayers from the following year.

3 comments:

leslie jo said...

Oh that is such a sweet post. I know he is safe and workin hard up there too. Who drew that pic of him? That is great you all got to do his temple work. I just can't imagine not having the knowledge of eternal families especially now that I have my own little families. But I agree even with the knowledge it is still hard.

FRUITY PEBBLES make GREEEAt rice crispy treats!

I can't believe it's been a year since you little bro left. Time flies huh!
Take Care and have a great day!

Lyndi said...

That was really beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.

Yelyah's Corner said...

my cousin drew that picture!