CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

THE WORST PUNISHMENT EVER!

On Thursday night's I teach three adorable kids, and depending on how good they are in class is the deciding factor on what kind of treat they get...Tonight I gave the following treats:
Harley: Fun Dip
Trevan: Smarties
Isach: Nerf ball toy filled with candy

Well as you can probably tell Harley and Isach were very well behaved today, but Trevan on the other hand was a little rough to say the least. When he came to class he announced to me that his lesson would only go for 5 minutes...when I told him he had 30 minutes he threw a temper tantrum and started crying. Then when I made him play a song with a whole gallimaufry of chords he threw yet another tantrum and out came the crocodile tears. Every other minute he asked if we were done yet, and by the end of the lesson I was asking the same question.
When the lesson was FINALLY over, his eyes lit up over the treat box. A calorie playground lit up before his eyes, and he awaited me to pick out his treat! I looked through the box, and when I gave him a package of Smarties, you would have thought that I gave him a spanking with a belt that had sharp nails coming out of it... You guessed it another tantrum.

Now call me crazy, but it is really embarrassing when you take crying Children to their Parents after a 30 minute guitar lesson! Does anyone have any proven methods with kids...because my Smarties...as we know rank #1 at the top of "The Torture List"...a curse worse than death!

9 comments:

Mark Nott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark Nott said...

It could have been worse, it could have been some of matt's awful mexico chili pepper chocolate

Yelyah's Corner said...

Matt if you read this have you ever trid the Mexican Cucumber suckers? That would be worse than a pkg of smarties!

Kyrsten said...

Oh the irony...Izzy calls Smarties "Happies". I guess she doesn't realize that there are nerf balls filled with candy out there yet.

Zachary said...

First of all, I tip my hat to you for the use of the word, "gallimaufry". Your lexicon is staggering. Second...I have no idea how to deal with kids...Freshmen, I just let them know what I expect and hold them to it. If they don't like it, I just keep going.

Good luck...you are doing awesome.

leslie jo said...

I think that is so funny infact I love it! Hey are you interested in teacher guitar to a bunch of Jr High kids in the fall once a week?

Yelyah's Corner said...

I would love to teach guitar to Jr. High kids once a week....thats my favorite age to teach!

Rog said...

I love Smarties!

Rog said...

this is tasha sorry