CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Healing Power of Water

The human body is made up of over 75% of water, and some of our bodies tissues are made up of over 95% of water. So today you guessed it you are going to hear about how to comfort your body using what it loves most--water.


Now I don't know about most of you, but I live in a world of stress. My day starts early in the morning, I work a 40 hour work week, followed by daily guitar students, full time school, band, gym, family, and it usually ends with a late night with my best friend and love of my life Henri. Now even though I am stretched out thin, I really feel I am usually on my A game--and today I want to share my secret--WATER! I want to share my health secrets that involve this five letter word (five is my lucky number). Now I am going to give you all very strange advice, but I want you to try it at your own risk, and tell me if it has helped you at all.


Okay here is my advice:

At least once a day take a 20 second to 10 minute cold shower. Now you may think this sounds odd, but I want to tell you why it works.

taking cold showers helps with the following:

  1. Improves circulation
  2. Helps with depression- has anti-depressant effect on mood
  3. Keeps skin and hair healthy
  4. Strengthens immunity system
  5. Increases fertility
  6. Increases energy and well being
  7. Cleanses mind and body from negative emotions that are yours, or you have picked up from others.
  8. Anti-aging secret to keep skin tight, elastic, and vibrant
  9. Wakes you up in the morning
  10. You will save money on your energy bill
  11. Flushes toxins from your skin

So try it out, and report back your experiences.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

do you do your normal shower with cold water? or do you do a warm shower with your normal stuff, shampoo etc, then do the cold shower at the end?

i need more instructions.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina Curtis said...

oh that sounds so cold!

Yelyah's Corner said...

I usually wash my hair in warm--and then rinse off my conditioner with cold...I can now handle it for about 5 minutes. If you think about it warm water is a luxary, and the Spartans actually considered their soldiers to be real men if they could bathe in cold water. My advice is do what you can do!